POP facilitates science-enrichment programs for children of all ages, with Binghamton University student volunteers as presenters. These programs are offered either on campus or in local schools. POP specializes in multi-station, small-group programs with highly-interactive demonstrations and activities which help children gain a better understanding of science concepts.
POP after-school programs are the mainstay of our efforts to bring science to the masses. These programs are large (up to 120 kids!), interactive (group size is 8 or less), and FREE!
Besides the dozens of after-school programs we’ve done since 2009, POP also has done a variety of other campus and community programs:
– University Day at the Mall (2016 will be our sixth appearance!)
– BU Late Nite events
– Res-Life events … with liquid nitrogen ice cream!
– Special programs for Kopernik Observatory’s summer camps
– Special programs for BU Research Days
– A special science program for children of refugees at the Event Center, during the historic flood of 2011
To submit a request for your school organization, click here